Tuesday, July 19, 2016

On-Line Card Class: Heat Wave Day 3

I am so thrilled with what I learned day 3 of class.  We learned embossed resist technique.  I started with watercolor paper, pounced it with my powder bag, used a tiny star background stamp with VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with clear embossing powder, set it with a heat gun and bam there were clear stars all over the watercolor paper! Next I spread water over the entire card and used distress inks watered down with "Shimmer Spitz."  I then dried it completely, placed a piece of clean typing paper on top and went of it with a hot iron.  I lifted the typing paper and most of the embossing adhered to it.  I repeated this step until all of the embossing was gone.  Now I had watercolored panel with little stars where the embossing was.  Next I added the sentiment, Happy Birthday, using VersaMark black onyx ink and was able to repeat accurately with my Misti twice.  Again, I let it dry, testing with embossing powder to see if it stuck, and the sentiment was completely covered with powder (I used a brush to sweep it off), it took several tries before it did not stick.  Using my Misti and a cleaned off sentiment stamp, I off-set the stamp slightly to the left and below the black stamped sentiment.  Using white detail embossing powder and heat setting it, the sentiment revealed a shadow and I love the effect.  Below is the finished card front.

Embossed Resist Technique

No comments:

Post a Comment