Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pattern Play Day 2

Second day of Pattern Play Class.  The videos have been very informative; many new ideas and ways to use patterned paper for cards and/or scrapbooking.  I love these step by step videos, not sure about the gray fingernail polish but that's about all I don't really like.  I guess I can comment on the nails since all you see of these fabulous designers are their hands. . .lol.  Today's first video focused on using background stamps to change the look of paper.  It's amazing to see the difference from original paper to ending ones.  The second technique used a mask to emphasize and create the vocal point for the card.  Thirdly paper piecing was used to create dimension on stamped images.  All three techniques are beautiful.  I focused my homework on the first technique.  What do you think of my finished cards?  I love the way they turned out.  Thanks for visiting.  More tomorrow for sure!


Card 1: Embossed Resist Technique


The bottom papers on the cards are embossed with a flower background stamp and then added color over the entire surface.  Such a great look, I am sure I will be using this technique often.

Card 2: Embossed Resist Technique

 

No comments:

Post a Comment